fifacoinspaysafecard Forum Index fifacoinspaysafecard
fifacoinspaysafecard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I Never Hit That Point With POE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    fifacoinspaysafecard Forum Index -> fifacoinspaysafecard
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poes3

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:58 am    Post subject: I Never Hit That Point With POE Reply with quote

It's kind of insane. I know with a lot of things you learn a little bit and you think you know it all. I never hit that point with poe currency trade, I'm just constantly learning and there is always more to learn.

I think the fact that the skill tree is massive and your builds so incredibly mutable that it makes it hard to actually feel like you ever know anything. You just learn a couple of interactions here and there and slowly learn more. It's insane, it's bizarre and getting a bit of help when you start out is just a massive boon.

But it's essential that no advice be given as advice, going it alone, without help, fucking up, is great. As long as you've been told it's gonna be great. Fucking up is frustrating, unless you've been told it's expected, normal. Then it's hella fun.

Even if you take all the help offered, later. That blind induction period gives you a far better 'base' to absorb information later and know why what you are being told works, because you've seen failure and know why you failed.

The problem with learning PoE is that there's so many giant pitfalls for a new player to swiftly faceplant into that "eventually" is very likely to become "this game is too hard/much effort for me".

Even a few tips to make the early game smooth is enough bait to keep someone around for "eventually" to become much more likely.

Because of that, I adopt one stray noob each league. Yesterday after like 2 months of explanations he started his first shop thread via Aquisition and gave up on cancer trade channel. I couldn't understand how he couldn't make poe trade currency even with so much playtime. He thought I was trying to make him hack when talking about outside programs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    fifacoinspaysafecard Forum Index -> fifacoinspaysafecard All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: